Saturday, June 23, 2012

Circle of Life

The first time I remember hearing this Circle of Life phrase was from the movie The Lion King. This becomes
all to real if you have become the caregiver of a parent. I am blessed that my Mom who is 88 is still with me and a part of my life.The roles are now reversed and I am her caregiver.It is hard to comprehend that this once strong and independent woman now needs help with things that we
take for granted.It is so hard for her, she is always saying I am sorry but I can't help it. I know she
can't and I feel for her as I know what she feels. If you have always been the one who takes care of everyone else it is a hard reality.
We come into this world as helpless little babies and then we grow and grow and become adults and
then as the circle of life continues we begin to get older and older and return to the helpless condition we came into the world with.As I said earlier the roles are reversed and we beome the
parent and they the child. They cling to us as we clung to them as children
The circle of life is what it is a circle that continues without stopping.
This new season of life within this circle is hard in many ways but I am thankful that I am able
to take care of her to give back to her the love and care that she has always given to me
In Ecclesiastes 3:1 To every thing there is a season and  time to every purpose under the heaven"
Until next time
Linda

2 comments:

  1. Great post that captures a lot what I have learned in recent years spent losing parental figured. I sit now outside of a hospice where my mother is thankfully sleeping peacefully. I have been more fortunate than most to have had them but have had and lost already two great grand parents, 5 grand parents, my birth father, an aunt and uncle all who had a hand in making me who I am. Also gone are some of my best friends ever along with many other friends. I know loss pretty well for 41 yo. Thanks for your thoughtful and insightful post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allen,
      Thank you for reading my post.My thoughts and prayers will be with you as you travel this last journey with your Mom.

      Delete